Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default German language help?

fired this volley in
:

I believe that it is mortar master. They make concrete pumps.

Quite possible, though I don't have that nuance in what German I learned.

Like English, Germans tend to use one word for more than one meaning.

It might mean mortar, too.

More interesting, though, is what Germans do when they don't _have_ a
word to describe something. Then they just string other ones together
into a single noun that can be dozens of syllables long!G

Here's a list with a few exceptionally long German nouns:
http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~waterbuf/longwrds.html Following the fourth
one are some funny pseudo-words.

The longest one I remember from my residency in Germany is
Geschwindigkeitsüberschreitung. It means a speeding ticket. The
Geschwindigkeitsbegrenzung is the speed limit.