Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Problem with cigarette smoke

I've seen the smoke bombs also for sale at farm and garden places. Supposed
to get Mr. Woodchuck (groundhog) out of the hole. I've tried those, and also
highway road flares, but didn't see Chucky stick a nose out.

I've not heard of someone call the cops on a compressor swap. Makes sense,
though. I'm sure the van full of tools and the signage helped keep you out
of prison.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

Light a few smoke bombs in your unit and when the neighbor comes running
over,
screaming, go see where the problems are. ;-)

Believe it or not, smoke bombs are sold at most HVAC supply houses.
Whenever I use one to check anything for air leaks, I always call the
fire department first and talk to a boss and see if he wants to have
a fire marshal on hand. There are times when it's advisable to contact
the 911 service through the non-emergency number and talk with a
supervisor before causing a public panic and something as simple as
notifying the neighbors is advisable to keep from freaking them out.
Heck, I had a little old lady across the street from a customer call
the police when I was doing a compressor swap. Of course I had the new
compressor in a box along with all the tools which is something a copper
thief will not have. I thanked the officer for looking out for
my customer and there was no problem. He even talked to the little old
lady neighbor and told her everything was OK. ^_^

TDD