Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default UPS prohibited items

In article ,
says...

"J. Clarke" wrote:

In article ,
says...

"J. Clarke" wrote:

In article ,
says...

Is the prohibition also on "brown" shipments, aka ground?

I really don't understand what you people are all on about. Per USPS
348.22 (b), "Batteries. Mailable batteries include:
Common household dry-cell batteries such as sizes AA, AAA, C, D, etc.
are generally not regulated as hazardous materials and are therefore
mailable. Packaging requirements in DMM 601.1?8 apply.".

Generally speaking a power tool battery is made up of a group of "common
household dry-cell batteries" and so would come under this
classification.

They aren't 'common'. They use different chemistry that can easily
start fires. You don't find a 24 pack of power tool batteries for under
$10.

How does a NiMH power tool battery "use different chemistry" from an
Energizer or Rayovac NiMH that you buy in packs of 4 at Walmart?

Alkaline are still the most common battery type, followed by Carbon
Zinc.

The postal service doesn't say "only the most common".

And if you have ever taken a power tool battery apart you will know that
it is assembled from standard cells, typically 1/2AA.

No, I've repaired the battery packs since the '70s, without opening
them.

You seem to be assuming that all power tool batteries are lithium ion
which is simply not the case.

You seem to be assuming that you can read my mind and you can't. Why
do you think rechargeable cells are shipped discharged?

You seem to be a jackass.

plonk