Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus2617 Ignoramus2617 is offline

Default Newspaper article about a machine tool manufacturer moving backfrom China

On 2012-03-07, Wild_Bill wrote:
I happen to believe that the writing is on the wall, and it should be
crystal clear by now.. but I also believe that almost no one learns
anything.

Any product that needs to be built right, can't/shouldn't/won't be built in
China.

As far as I know, the Chinese are perfectly capable of making good
products, or shoddy products, depending on what they are asked to do.
Very often they asked to make shoddy products.

I mean, with CNC equipment and generally modern production methods,
there is no problem in making products made to the exact spec,
consistently. If I program my machine to make a 0.237" flat and a 7mm
keyway, turn the part 31.92 degrees and do the same thing again, the
machine will do exactly that, regardless of where it is located, China
or the US.

In China, though, I can dump used coolant near my front door, treat my
employees like ****, and cheat on trademarks, something that is not
possible here.