Posted to alt.home.repair
Steven Bornfeld[_2_] Steven Bornfeld[_2_] is offline

Default Problem with cigarette smoke

On 3/7/2012 10:59 AM, Bill wrote:
Install a "turbine fan" (good quality) which brings in outside air to
your house. That will make positive air pressure inside your house and
not allow smoke to drift in from the other house.

You can also use some sort of smoke device while this fan is on. Hold it
near places where you smell smoke from next door. See where the positive
air is escaping through the wall. Maybe you could seal the leak(s)?

I hope we can, though I think it's the wall our kitchen cabinets are
mounted on.
But that's OK, sealing the inside of the cabinets still seems likely to
be one of the easier fixes.

Thanks,
Steve

--