Posted to alt.home.repair
Steven Bornfeld[_2_] Steven Bornfeld[_2_] is offline

Default Problem with cigarette smoke

On 3/7/2012 7:11 AM, HeyBub wrote:
Steven Bornfeld wrote:
I write in hope of some serious answers. I know this general issue
has come up before, and wading through the incredulous and the trolls
doing a search yields nothing that seems likely to work. Maybe there
is nothing; if not, so be it.
We just moved into our new home after over 7 months of renovations. The
problem is cigarette smoke from one of our neighbors.

[...]

You could agitate your local elected betters to prohibit people smoking in
their own homes.

The current political thrust in some communities may well reward you with
the appropriate legislation.

It could happen, but prohibition didn't work out too well. Of course,
anyone traveling in Europe can't help but notice that the proportion of
people smoking there is considerably higher than in the U.S.
This is one of the few health trends where the U.S. seems to be ahead of
Europe. My neighbor, BTW, wasn't born in this country.

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com