Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Problem with cigarette smoke

Steven Bornfeld wrote in news:jj7tv2$8jg$4
@dont-email.me:

On 3/6/2012 2:34 PM, wrote:
Have you tried OZONE shocking the room and cabinets?

Ozone can be pretty irritating. I looked at the Consumer Reports
website--they specifically named a couple of ozone-generating air
purifiers "not acceptable" based on ozone being an irritant, and
potentially unsafe (though I think primarily a problem for people with
pre-existing lung disease.

Steve

Ozone is a strong oxidant, and a gas. That's how it destroys odors, and
also why it is an irritant, especially for the lungs. If your wifeis
allergic to cigarette smoke, ozone might NOT be very good for her, unless
the ozone is left to react with the smoke and then immediately exhausted.

If I were you, I'd stay away from ozone.

There are only 2 solutions apart from and in addition to identify how the
cigarette smoke gets into YOUR house:
1. Overpressure insideyour hopuse using really fresh air
2. An activated carbon filter at the site of entry of the smoke.
--
Best regards
Han