Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Donn Messenheimer Donn Messenheimer is offline

Default Newspaper article about a machine tool manufacturer moving backfrom China

On 3/7/2012 12:29 AM, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
"Donn wrote in message
On 3/6/2012 10:48 PM, Wild_Bill wrote:
I happen to believe that the writing is on the wall, and it should be
crystal clear by now.. but I also believe that almost no one learns
anything.

Any product that needs to be built right, can't/shouldn't/won't be built
in China.

[...]

You are deluding yourself. There is a continuum of quality, and sometimes
top of the line with finer tolerances isn't needed and isn't cost
effective. China is going to keep manufacturing a lot of things, and the
quality is only going to get better over time.

40 years ago, people were saying the same things about Japanese
manufacturing. My younger brother was a fairly typical gearhead mechanic
in those days, and they all referred to Japanese cars as "Jap crap." Look
where that attitude got the American car companies.

A couple of decades later it was the South Koreans. Their stuff was
called junk. Today, LG appliances, Samsung electronics, Hyundai cars and
several other products are world beaters.

If you think China is not going to continue to grow and improve at
manufacturing, you are delusional and probably a menace to the safety of
your family and colleagues.

You are a delusional fool.

Uh-huh - nice non-rebuttal, dummy.