Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Liberals vs. conservatives, from the narrow perspective of a brain-dead liberal.

"George Plimpton" wrote in message

On 3/2/2012 3:57 AM, RogerN wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

snip
When you brought it up to God, did He thank you for reminding him? Had
it slipped his mind? Just what was your role in all this?

I don't think God needed reminding, it just came to me that according to
the
principles of God's word

What principles are those?

The ones I was referring to was the way a person receives things from God
through faith.

Mark 11:22 "Have faith in God," Jesus answered. 23 "Truly I tell you, if
anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does
not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it
will be done for them. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in
prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25 And when
you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so
that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."

Where did they originate?

From the beginning of the Bible, God's plans began to be revealed
immediately after Adam's fall through what God said to Adam and Eve, Moses,
Joshua, Abraham....

How do you even know there /is/ "God's word"?

The normal biblical way of knowing what was from God is that God put his
signature on it by performing supernatural miracles, signs, and wonders. It
is written that these supernatural happenings happened through Moses, the
Prophets, Jesus, and the disciples. They continue to happen for those who
receive them by faith. This is clouded by the fakes and phonies but I know
miracles still happen through first hand experience, multiple times.

Acts 2:22 "Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man
accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among
you through him, as you yourselves know."
Plus throughout the New Testament it was recorded that God confirmed his
word with signs and wonders.

RogerN