Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Problem with cigarette smoke

I've found that in buildings that had smokers in the past, the smokers film
on the wall and ceiling remains pretty much forever. What works for me, is
to mix up Pine Sol and hot water, and scrub the walls and ceiling with a
sponge mop. I've also used Amway Zoom (the blue window cleaner) on the TV
that came from my grand mother's apartment. Simple Green will probably do
fine, if you choose.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Vic Smith" wrote in message

Since you can't smell it, I'd try to confirm there is actually a
smell. You wife's smell might be off.
If she's a rabid anti-smoker, just seeing somebody smoking downwind
and 100 yards away can cause her to smell cigarette smoke,
You got good advice except for that omission.
I'd go for positive pressure first.
If that doesn't do it, the smell is old stuff that hasn't been sealed.
Or in her olfactory imagination.

--Vic