Mark Jerde

Default Ok, so how much more do I need to get started making real wood projects

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

As for spending money, yes, it is a few bucks every time you turn
around. Research a bit and buy quality tools that will last and get
the job done. I just got a new Lee Valley block plane and added it
to the spreadsheet I have listing my tools. The plane brought it to
$7007. You can get away with a lot less, you can spend a lot more.

I tell SWMBO it is cheaper than a mistress, AND she should be able to get
most of the money back if I pass on before she does. (My jointer, planer,
drill press, Bessy K-Bodies, 2 routers, ..., were bought used, so the value
should stay relatively constant. g)

-- Mark