Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Milling machine

Ah, it feels like just last week. My shimmyshaft was oscillating. The offset
wobbler was way out of spec. I could not find one on Granger, or Ebay. Had
to make my own. The only thing I could do, was to get a 500 pound block of
T-17 tool steel, and start filing with a mill file. That's back before
leather gloves were invented, and I got callusses from the hand filing.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Duesenberg" wrote in message
I can't tell you the number of times when doing home repair that I
needed a milling machine. 4 or 5 axis types.

Goddamn aerospace industry is always tying these machines up in my
hometown and I can never rent one for the day at Joe's Rent-all down the
street.