Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY ideas for Raspberry Pi?

John Rumm wrote:
On 04/03/2012 22:09, Bob Eager wrote:

Since the Raspberry Pi will be with us soon-ish (well, about six weeks I
am told, for mine) does anyone have any interesting ideas about what they
might do with it/them?

That reminds me, must phone CPC and tell em that I really did want one,
that is why I ordered it!

I've heard of car computers, TV boxes, PBCes as ideas...

Media streamer would be one obvious one.

Home automation / monitoring and instrumenting would be a nice option.

Souped up lego mindstorm controller

One could no a nice retro system emulation and build the whole thing
into a joystick etc.

Could replace all the dials on yer dashboard with one LCD screen, for a
start.

and how hard it is to achieve it.