Bob

Default sliding dovetails

My first set of SDs were only 19" long and I was worried about them. Turned
out great tho. None of them were perfect, but when all 5 shelves were in
place, the whole unit (36" x 35" x 19") of heavy cherry was incredibly solid
and strong with no glue at all. Perhaps not being quite perfect was a good
thing - it contributes to the indestructibility of the unit.

I used a metal straight-edge for the slots and a home-made router table for
the shelves. An I am certainly no expert. Very happy with the results.

I say go for it.

-Bob F.