Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY ideas for Raspberry Pi?

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 02:01:03 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

Media streamer would be one obvious one.

That's the one that fairly quickly entered my head with it having
ethernet and HDMI.

Home automation / monitoring and instrumenting would be a nice option.

I could use something to monitor/control the heat store/DHW/CH/Oil
boiler/Wood stove etc. But I don't think a Pi has enough suitable IO.
An Aurdino probably has enough IO but not at mains so I suspect a
commercial PLC is the less hassle way to go.

--
Cheers
Dave.