Rich Stern

Default Dust Collectors: A killer health hazard!

I have received requests to post my observations about dust collection
to the WRECK for the benefit of the requesters and others readers of the
group.

Try this next time:

"I am selling a kit version of Bill Pentz's health-safeguarding dust collection
design. Bill is a leading expert on this topic. If you suffer from
respiratory distress or discomfort related to woodworking dust, you owe it to
your lungs to have the best possible dust collection system you can afford. My
kit, designed with Bill's expertise and guidance, is part of the foundation for
such a system, and outperforms all of the traditional dust collection solutions
on the market today. Be nice to your lungs. Please see my web site to learn
more."

By the way, while I don't doubt that significant exposure to wood dust has
negative health consequences for some people, I don't think it's as universal
as you would have us all believe. With hundreds of millions of human beings
directly inhaling burning plant exhaust (tobacco smoke), with all kinds of
chemicals added, in massive quantities, often 10, 20, 30 40 times a day, it
still takes decades to kill them, and even that is a crap shoot, and sometimes
not even because of direct damage to the lungs. Non-toxic wood dust
occassionally inhaled by hobbyists is very small abuse by comparison, unless
you have a condition that is aggravated by it, like Bill Pentz.

But nice try.