Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mike mike is offline

Default Windows not genuine

On 1/14/2012 10:58 AM, Tom Gardner wrote:
On 1/14/2012 8:20 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 10:51:34 -0500, Tom Gardnermars@tacks wrote:

On 1/12/2012 5:59 AM,
wrote:
I bought this computer a month ago. Then I learned that W7 would not
run myvery old copy of autocad, visual basic, and most important my
CNC control software(Camsoft).

I managed to completely hose W7 trying to get XP running on the same
box. So, I went nuclear:reformated, installed XP, then W7 using the
COA sticker on the side of this box (emachine from Best Buy).

All was well until just a few minutes ago. The screen went black and I
got "This copy of windows is not genuine". I was able to put in a new
background.

Is this box about to die? What should I do?

Karl

Where did you get the copy you used?

I got the DVD OS install from a wire brush guyVBG

The COA sticker on the box was the product number I used.
M$oft says its not valid and told my better half to call the
manufacturer. Can't find a place to call on this best buy emachine.

I'll be returning the 'puter to best buy as soon as it dies.

I NOW REALLY F%^&ING HATE M$OFT. This new OS won't run my old software
and caused all the trouble. I've spent DAYS on this.

Karl

I'm not sure but I thought you had a Dell. Did you get a generic OEM or
a Dell OEM from that idiot? Dell OEM versions are pre-registered and the
info in the BIOS precludes doing any registering or validating. You
could use a "Windows 7 loader". That is a software patch that fools the
OS with an OEM BIOS patch into thinking it's pre-registered. Don't ask
how I know this.

The lawyers and nit-pickers will argue this till eternity, but
if you have a valid COA sticker on the machine, you probably won't go to
jail for running the OS, no matter where or how you got the ones and zeros.