Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default OT : Problems with LG NAS...

On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 15:20:19 +0000
Adrian Brentnall wrote:

HI folks

The new LG N2A2DD2 NAS has been running without a hitch since
Christmas, with the very excellent BVCKUP backup software.

This morning, all of the backups had errored....

Tried to browse the NAS - I can log into it (as Admin) , but it says
that 'You don't have read permission' to view the shared data -
which is where BVCKUP has been saving its backups to.

BVCKUP is saying 'failed to create destination directory'

The Admin permissions appear to be allowing me all access to the
Shared area - and re-enabling permissions doesn't change things.

There's comments on the web about the flakyness of the LG NAS
software - and I have a ticket into LG's Tech Support - but, while I
wait, has anybody got any ideas, please ?

Thinking about it - perhaps what I really, really need is just a BIG
USB-connected hard drive - and CPC can have the LG Nas (and it's
dreadful software) back....

Thanks
Adrian

Ok, I'll bite. What is an LG N2A2DD2 NAS ? Some kind of computerised
gas boiler or metal cutter?
--
Davey.