Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to cap a radiator valve after removing radiator?

On 02/03/2012 21:59, wrote:
wrote:
In , Bill
writes
There is a fitting designed to do this, it is made by +GF+ I assume
George Fisher castings. It is a cast iron cap that screws onto the
radiator valve and blanks it off. I normally just walk into the local
Plumb Centre and ask for a couple and have no idea what they are
called. They are marked as either 3/4" or 1/2" depending on the size.
Plus a bit of PTFE tape of course.

I have just spent the last half hour Googling looking for them and
failed.

The best I can offer is a mobile phone picture of one, so if you are
desperate I'll upload one later. If you find the name let me know!!

Not quite what I was thinking of, but these look as if they would do.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-2-3-4-En...g-Nut-Fibre-Di
sc-/150589801535

Wrong sex! The valve has a 'nut' connecting it to a male thread
sticking out of the radiator.

Never seen a female rad valve before, normally they are male. However,
something like this from a proper plumbers merchant;

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plum.../sd2697/p66318