Jeremy

Default Humor: Dangerous Cocobolo!

Thanks for the kind words Bob, and very glad you did not get hurt. I
know some even heavier woods if you are interested :-)

BTW, try filling up the bath and floating the cocobolo :-)

Jeremy

Bob Davis wrote:

Yesterday I bought some teak from a local seller in Houston. He happened to
have a couple of pieces of cocobolo and I bought one. I'm mesmerized by this
stuff because its so beautiful and HEAVY. I hefted it in the rear of the
van and drove home. Along the way, I had to make a sudden stop due to a
tie-up in the freeway. WHAM! That piece of wood launched and slid all the
way from the rear door and slammed into the right front passenger seat. It
scared the pee-turkey out of me as it darned near took out the front seat.
Next time I buy cocobolo, its going to have its own seatbelt!

Bob

P.S. I have no commercial connection, but wanted to mention to fellow
Houstonites that the teak was purchased at a decent price and I'm pleased
with the transaction. has more available.