Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default OT New French breathalyser law

Martin :
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 22:11:11 +0000, Mike Lane
wrote:

Another Dave wrote on Feb 26, 2012:

We already carry two warning triangles, two luminous vests, a fire
extinguisher, a spare pair of spectacles, a complete set of bulbs and a
first aid kit. There's probably other stuff I don't even know about.

It's a minefield out there

I take most of that (when I remember) but, except for the guy at the channel
ferry port who usually asks to look in the boot, I've never had anyone show
the remotest interest in anything I have in or on the car.

Better than the guy at Hull docks at departure who wasn't interested
in the contents of the boot, but asked to look under the bonnet.

Hull docks is where I disembarked, drove my car into the red lane, and
declared the (brand new) car itself. I was surprised when he wasn't the
slightest bit interested, waved me through.

--
Mike Barnes