Brian Elfert

Default Humor: Dangerous Cocobolo!

dave in fairfax writes:

Lazarus Long wrote:
This is why I'm having trouble picking out a nicer car than my Taurus.
So far I haven't found one with a folding backseat to let me slip some
planks in through the trunk and have maybe only 2 or so feet sticking
out the back, if any.

F-150 XLT Supercrew comes to mind. Although I doubt you'd need to
put the wood down the center...

For serious wood hauling, you need a 8 foot bed. The Supercrew is only
5.5 feet. You'll need to upgrade to a F-250 if you want an 8 foot bed and
a crew cab.

With an 8 foot bed, you can put plywood in and close the tailgate. I have
seen someone with a Dodge Dakota lose a whole load of plywood out the back
end.

Brian Elfert