Bob Davis

Default Ok, so how much more do I need to get started making real wood projects

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. Its been refreshing and
encouraging to me. It also helped to focus me. Here's a summary of key
points that I gathered from the postings:

1. Pick a project and do it with what I have.
2. Every tool suggestion was a hand tool. In particular: planes, chisels,
scary sharp sharpening system, mallet, and scrapers.
3. Approach the hobby as an artist. - Sign your work, take pictures. My
wife is a successful, professional artist. I have a great role model for the
artistic side. I'm her role model for marketing, publishing and planning.

Bob