Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default Right angle cordless drill with a clutch?

What is the purpose of your push stick. My son speed skates, both Ice
and inline... Your push stick seems like the lazy mans approach to
skating...

On 2/29/2012 2:49 PM, John Doe wrote:
I need a right angle cordless drill that has a clutch. I heard
that Mikita might have had a 1/2 inch version, but don't see it on
their website. I need one to drive my inline skating push stick.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/

It also kind of has to be 18 V, since I have the power supply. I
have a right angle gear that can be stuck on an ordinary cordless
drill with a clutch, but it is geared 3 to 1 and that will lower
the speed too much. I might try Milwaukee 49-22-8510 Right Angle
Drill Attachment, but will need to know if the speed is reduced.

Too bad right angle cordless drills don't come with clutches.
Milwaukee has one, but it's electrical and causes the drill to
stop. That won't work here.

Thanks.