Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim Schwartz[_2_] Tim Schwartz[_2_] is offline

Default Cell phone trackers

On 2/28/2012 5:12 PM, klem kedidelhopper wrote:
I just met with a friend who was all freaked out about this. I guess
I've been living in a vacuum because I've never heard of this. I went
on a few sites and looked at some of this and it appears that the only
way someone can do this is if the target phone has Internet
capability. Is that correct? Also can someone tell if another person
has loaded the software necessary to do this onto their phone? Can a
phone without GPS capabilities be hacked in this fashion? This really
has me thinking now. Is there nothing sacred anymore? Thanks for any
information. Lenny

Well,you always have the option of leaving the phone at home, or (at
least on many models) removing the battery. THAT will stop it from
sending data.

--Tim
Bristol Electronics