Morris Dovey

Default Ok, so how much more do I need to get started making real woodprojects

Bob Davis wrote:

I have no means for doing a mortise and tenon joint.

I could swear you said you had a table saw and a drill press. A
shop-built tenoning jig for the TS is easy; and your drill press
should provide you with an easy way to rough-in mortises...

I have no means for making two faces parallel to each other.

Are you sure your table saw came without a fence? This making two
faces parallel is pretty much what that fence is for...

After I got the jointer, I moved into a completely new zone of
capability but I still wasn't there, in my humble opinion. I
still seemed to be missing stuff to build even a simple table
to dimensions with high quality fit and finish.

Nope. You seem to have the necessaries. You'll need sandpaper and
elbow grease; but I don't see any essential tools missing here.

But you are right. I've got plenty of tools. I think I'll be
in fat city after I get a couple of planes and good chisel set
plus a means to sharpen them. I also need some cabinet clamps
or pipe clamps.

"Fat city" is always on the horizon. It's like "tomorrow".

I don't really want to come across as antagonistic - but how much
of what /can/ be done today toward making this table has been
done? I'm assuming you have a plan and cut list in hand. Have you
cut apron boards? Blanks for legs? Boards to glue up for the top?

Please don't tell me I got three "no" responses...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA