Bob Davis

Default Ok, so how much more do I need to get started making real wood projects

"Mark Wells" wrote in message
hlink.net...
It sounds like you have plenty of tools to do work. Reading the rec and
magazines can convince you that you "need" all kinds of stuff.

Mark, I appreciate your response and the spirit of the philosophy. But
based on other responses, I've pretty well determined that am woefully short
in the hand tool department. I have no means for doing a mortise and tenon
joint. I have no means for making two faces parallel to each other. After I
got the jointer, I moved into a completely new zone of capability but I
still wasn't there, in my humble opinion. I still seemed to be missing
stuff to build even a simple table to dimensions with high quality fit and
finish.

But you are right. I've got plenty of tools. I think I'll be in fat city
after I get a couple of planes and good chisel set plus a means to sharpen
them. I also need some cabinet clamps or pipe clamps.

Bob