Bill

Default 8 FOOT vs. 4 FOOT

"WARRENRN1" wrote in message
i have a couple 8 foot florescent lights over my shop area which make a

hum
loud enough to make you wear ear plugs.... these were BORG shop lights.

the
shop is the lowest level of the house, so it is usually cooler than the

rest of
the house, like about 55-60 degrees.

the noise is a real distraction so i am thinking about putting up a bank

of 4
footers in exchange for the 2 8 footers......... i can also spread them

out
a little bit more to get better lighting in different part of the shop...

what should i be looking for in terms of shop lights..... i staying with
florescents and not going to halogens... even tho they would be nice in

the
winter time....

any help would be most appreciated...

Purchase 'high performance ballasts' to replace your existing ones. Did this
in my shop to kill the hum, and also to get the bulbs lit when its 10
degrees. Think I hated the flicker more than the noise!