Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Video: Hikers Arrested For Not Showing IDs In Ultra-Orthodox Jewish Town

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 17:50:47 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 18:36:48 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 18:27:18 -0500, "ATP"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:12:32 -0600, Ignoramus3737

On 2012-02-27, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 13:24:12 -0800, Peter Franks

Wait a second, did this happen in the United States of America?

Open up your eyes, Iggy. These guys intentionally provoked the people
in that community. The community doesn't like it. They reacted.

The "hikers" knew they would; that's why they were there. They were
looking for trouble. It's like walking into a black community while
wearing white robes and hoods. If you don't know the Hasidim, you
might think that's an excessive comparison. It is not.

The law will sort it out.

--
Ed Huntress

Not a good analogy, they weren't exactly wearing armbands and jackboots.

Then you don't understand the culture. Hasidim are religious
extremists, in the most pejorative sense. They take offense at
anything.

guess the people who staged the diner sit-ins in Greensboro, NC were also
looking for trouble?

Yes they were. And they got it, right?

Same deal. If you want to break up Hasidic communities and start a
religious war in the courts, this is exactly the way to do it.

Is that what you favor? Or are you saying that the Hasidim should see
things the way you do? They don't. And they won't. But you can turn
them into a Jewish version of Al Queda without a lot of trouble.

From what I've read the Hasidim living in Jerusalem stone automobiles
that drive through their neighborhood on Shabbat.

And they do a lot of things that are unpleasant right here in the US.

I have little use for them. But I respect their rights under the law.
It's up to the law to deal with any transgressions.

--
Ed Huntress