Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Solar cloudy cutoff switch for storage heaters

On Feb 27, 6:39*pm, Chris J Dixon wrote:
george [dicegeorge] wrote:
am i right that a clamp meter like:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUTO-RANGI...TER-CLAMP-METE...
would tell me how much amps is flowing, but not be able to tell me
whether its coming into the house or going out.
[g]

That is precisely why I posted in response to your question a few
days ago:

Get them to split the feed from the meter (via a Henley block) to
a separate consumer unit for the PV only. This means that you can
slip a monitor over the cable feeding only the main consumer
unit. Otherwise you cannot tell if you are consuming or exporting
until smart meters arrive.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon *Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

The Inverter display tells you what you need to know. George wants a
device to switch stuff on/off as PV power is available.