Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Randal Scripter Randal Scripter is offline

Default Video: Hikers Arrested For Not Showing IDs In Ultra-OrthodoxJewish Town

On 2/27/2012 5:25 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 17:05:46 -0800 (PST), rangerssuck
wrote:

On Feb 27, 7:21 pm, Ed wrote:

Well, as I said, I have a lot of objections to this and some other
Hasadic communities. They're isolated, they're religious extremists,
and they're exclusionary.

A while back, when I was contracting for AT&T, we did a 5-day
installation job at the Central Office that serves the Monroe, NY
area. I don't know what it is, but that corner of NY is pretty
peculiar. You not only have KJ, but there are other religious enclaves
there as well. There are born-again Christian and Buddhist communities
which, while perhaps not as extreme as KJ, are pretty much isolated
and exlusionary. There are also some very small towns that one would
expect to find in, say, Appalachian Kentucky, but this is 50 miles
from New York City.

I was happy that it was near enough to home that I could sleep in my
own bed every night.

I agree, from there well up into the Catskills, there are some creepy
folks.

Remember that bear that killed a baby up there? That was in Machne
Ohel Feige, another Hasidic community, north and west of KJ.

I just give the Hasidim a wide berth in New York. I do the same with
all religious extremists, including the abortion-doctor haters.

Which reminds me. After listening to Rick Sanitarium lately (I was
baptized and raised Catholic; there are very few like him, but I do
remember the type), an old Frank Zappa song has been running around in
my head: "Jesus Thinks You're a Jerk":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQcE2dq3YD0

Then maybe you'd like this, too:

http://www.funnypics.dk/data/media/1/JesusLovesYou.jpg