Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default OT New French breathalyser law

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 20:00:17 +0000, fred wrote:

In article , Another Dave
writes
"A new measure will soon require all foreign and local motorists in
France to carry £2 breathalyzer kits in their cars."

http://www.ferryonline.co.uk/news/20...dfordrivinginf
rance.html

We already carry two warning triangles, two luminous vests, a fire
extinguisher, a spare pair of spectacles, a complete set of bulbs and a
first aid kit. There's probably other stuff I don't even know about.

It's a minefield out there

Reading between the lines it sounds like a scam lobbied for by the ferry
companies so they can make healthy returns on the sale of the gear. I
assume locals wont bother and wont get pulled either.

On the triangles, I wonder how many broken down have been wiped out when
deploying them?

Not as many as those wiped out who haven't got them. it seems to
happen frequently on UK motorways.

Didn't know it had been bumped up to 2 though.

It hasn't. An inflatable sex doll wearing a high visibility jacket is
more effective than a triangle. A pair of them apparently hard at it
brings traffic to a stand still.

....and so, your Honour, I was just testing my safety device...

This concludes the case for the defence.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)