Mike in Mystic

Default Ok, so how much more do I need to get started making real wood projects

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. com...

I just got a new Lee Valley block plane and added it to the spreadsheet I

have listing my tools. The plane brought it to $7007. You can get away
with a
lot less, you can spend a lot more.

This sounded like a good idea, Ed, so I just went and made myself a
spreadsheet, too. I've been meaning to go take digital photos of all my
tools, including the serial numbers, etc., but haven't had the
time/energy/motivation. Anyway, my list, just from memory so I probably
missed a lot, comes out at $14,265. Holy CRAP! And that doesn't count the
new truck I got at Christmas. 90% of that has been spent in the last 2
years, too. I think I need to talk to my insurance agent hehe.

But, you're advise is spot on - tools can last a lifetime and they keep
giving you many times their cost in returned enjoyment.

Mike