Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul D Smith Paul D Smith is offline

Default Greedy parakeets in S.E.London - how to deter them.

....snip... With around 15 million Blue Tits over wintering in Britain, I
rather
suspect that stopping parakeets from eating at one bird feeder would not
count as an essential conservation measure.

Colin Bignell

We had similar problems with feral pigeons so we bought a squirrel-proof
bird feeder. The pigeons are too large to get at the seed. A parakeet
might get through but worth a try.

Interesting to hear about your problems though; we have ringnecks in Enfield
now (N. London, just inside the M25) but they stay in the tops of trees and
I've never seen one even close to a bird feeder. I wonder what's the
difference!

Paul DS.