Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to tell a wing nut from an acorn nut

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sun, 26 Feb 2012
12:45:47 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

wrote:

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 18:37:50 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
? wrote:

?
?Tom Gardner wrote:
??
?? I'm only familiar with "JAM" nuts and "CASTLE" nuts. I see "WING" nuts come
?? in Left and Right hand thread.
?
?
? And Acorn nuts have pointy little heads.

ALL nuts come in left or right hand threads.

Not true! I have seen plenty with no threads!

Bare naked nuts? Yoiks, that is scary.
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the