Bob Davis

Default Ok, so how much more do I need to get started making real wood projects

"Bernard Randall" wrote in message

You must have been very fortunate, the latest price I had for teak is

$17.00
BF. For the right project teak is THE wood, apart from its price, its
drawback is it draws up sand in the growing stage and therefore blunts

tools
very quickly, which is one of the reasons I mentioned Japanese chisels in

my
earlier post. By contrast rough sawn maple is in the order of $3.50 BF

and
is a good easily worked fine grained wood for interior use.

Hi Bernard,

Thank you. I bought Teak from an individual for $4.00 BF. That's why I
have it.

Its good to know the characteristics you mentioned.

Bob