Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
aribert neumann aribert neumann is offline

Default band sawing annealed 304 SS?

All:
Thanks for the responses - you have convinced me that I don't want to
play w/ stainless if I do not need to. Originally I was thinking of
using aluminum and then I figured why not stretch a bit and work w/
SS. My plan was to take 3/16 x 1.25 flat stock and make a pair of
links and bandsaw cut the profile of the touchpad into the links
(sliding the touchpad in from the side - worked well when I used a
piece of scrap wood as a proof of concept). I was thinking of using
304 SS - Since I would have left over material, if I needed to weld
on it on a future project.

Artemus:
THanks for the link to the linkset for the cookbook holder - it got me
looking at cookbook holders and I ended up buying one off of Amazon.
Now I can go back to spending my precious free time on my projects and
not fabbing up a touchpad holder!