Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Bruce Bruce is offline

Default Round frames on router table

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 17:26:13 -0700, Kevin Miller wrote
(in article ):

On 02/20/2012 02:12 PM, Bruce wrote:

Yes, fingers crossed. I went ahead and split the frame into to circles and
did the overlap just in case...

Good idea. I didn't realize you were layering them. That should help I
think...

Heh! I wasn't layering them until you made me paranoid!

I think I'll need to do a real stress test, try to cycle the moisture content
as much as possible and compare the results. This might be the final driver
as to using radial grain layout (and ease of shaping), or the more
traditional circumferential grain (and more difficult shaping, but possibly
better resistance to splitting)

-Bruce