Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric cars again

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 13:21:40 +0000, Martin Brown wrote:

High current devices like aircons and I would expect electric car
battery chargers in countries like the USA are usually run on 220v
across the antiphase pair rather than off a single phase domestic mains.

True that halves the current demand for the same power but does the
Tesla live off 110v (easyly available) or 220? Is 220 kit plugable
or hardwired? As you say it's only heavy load fixed kit that lives on
220 so it doesn't need to be plugable.

Even at 110v a 30m extension cable isn't that long, I'd almost need
that to get from a convient socket to where the cars park...

--
Cheers
Dave.