Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default band sawing annealed 304 SS?

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
The chips coming off my 36" saw at 6000FPM were hot, with a just a
few
dull red sparks. More a case of softening the material in the kerf
and
dragging it out rather than burning it. The saw in the pic on that
page must be running much faster....
Ned Simmons

I was saber-sawing an opening in a stainless steel industrial oven
door and didn't notice immediately when the teeth stripped off and the
blade began cutting by friction. The blade kept cutting at about the
same speed, without throwing hot sparks. When the blade wore down
unevenly I turned it backwards and continued.

jsw