Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Artemus[_4_] Artemus[_4_] is offline

Default band sawing annealed 304 SS?

"aribert neumann" wrote in message
My wanted a touch-pad for her recipes in the kitchen - so I got her
one for Christmas. Now she is looking for a holder that will store
the pad up under the upper cabinets and pivot down and out for her to
read. The only articulating holder that I found was for an I-pad and
hers is not the same size. I am thinking of a bracket mounted to the
underside of the upper cabinet with a simple pivot, a pair of links
that are saw cut for the touch-pad to slip into. I am thinking of
making the links out of annealed 304 SS. Do I need to be concerned
about work hardening from sawing? I have very little experience
working w/ SS.

http://www.thehardwarehut.com/catalo...p?p_ref=182416
It's not SS but I didn't spend much time searching wither.
Art