Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default drying something in a plactic bag.

On Feb 22, 12:45*pm, micky wrote:
On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 08:01:24 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

On Feb 22, 10:24*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Dessicant (generic term for that which dries something else out)
Silica gel (a type of dessicant)

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"micky" wrote in message

. ..
About a year ago three was a thread here about how to dry out a
camera, or maybe it was a cellphone, that had been underwater.

Rather than take it apart, someone had sealed it in a

* plastic bag

with some other material or substance and let it sit for several days.

I can't remember what the other material was, and googling the
keywords I could thinik of didn't find it.

Any suggestion of the keywords used, or of what to use to dry the
camera.

If I'd known I would need this, I woudl have saved it!! *Thanks.

to dry a cell phone, take battery out and use a hair dryer. get the
phone nice and toasty.

it may not work but drying it fast is important

Too late for that!

Actually the guy I got it from did remove the battery and the memory
card, and leave it open, but it didnt' help.

That was months ago, and he just gave it to me today.

This happened months ago and you think it still has water in it?

I would say it's fried if it doesn't work.