Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default drying something in a plactic bag.

On Feb 23, 9:16*am, Steve Barker wrote:
On 2/23/2012 7:46 AM, Art Todesco wrote:

On 2/22/2012 9:46 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 2/22/2012 9:12 AM, micky wrote:
About a year ago three was a thread here about how to dry out a
camera, or maybe it was a cellphone, that had been underwater.

Rather than take it apart, someone had sealed it in a

plastic bag

with some other material or substance and let it sit for several days..

I can't remember what the other material was, and googling the
keywords I could thinik of didn't find it.

Any suggestion of the keywords used, or of what to use to dry the
camera.

If I'd known I would need this, I woudl have saved it!! Thanks.

rice is the lore. But the oven works faster.

I have a really neat feature on my Whirlpool oven that is for raising
dough. Once set, it runs the convection fan and holds the temperature at
100 degree F. Besides dough, it's great for drying out things and also,
fast defrosting of meat or anything, without edge cooking, like in the
microwave.

100 sounds great! *the lowest mine will hold is 170. *much too hot for
raising bread. *Good for wet phones though.

--
Steve Barker
remove the "not" from my address to email- Hide quoted text -

if all else fails BUY A BRAND NEW PHONE OFF E BAY, for a fraction of
the cost of a new phone from your provider.

Check for great deals! Verizon, Net 10, and others now offer a
UNLIMITED PREPAID phone, e mail internet, text and picture messages
for 50 bucks a month. sometimes as low as 35 bucks.

If your out of contract it can be a wonderful option with no worry
ever of going over in minutes

I am saving over 60 to 70 bucks every month