Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Sent packets: Sent packets: is offline

Default Free usenet

On 02/22/2012 12:44 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
"Snag" wrote in message
news
Steve B wrote:
Yah, I know we've been through this before. But what is a good FREE
usenet server? Where do I sign up? Preferences? I would like to
get binaries for my photography.

Steve

Teranews has a free after $3.95 sign-up usenet service including
binaries . eternal-september has totally free , but their binary
service sucks . There may be others , thed=se are the 2 I use - e-s is
basically a backup in case tera has a problem , I read one group there
rec.gardens.edible just to keep the account active .

I use those same two usenet servers. I also used to use aioe, but I
think they are gone now.

They're still going.

nntp.aioe.org is all I use. Short retention of articles, just a couple
or three weeks. Reliable.

news.aioe.org is allegedly still working too, but slower.