Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] mkoblic@gmail.com is offline

Default Metal bandsaw tracking

On 22 Feb 2012 05:47:38 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2012-02-22, wrote:
On 20 Feb 2012 05:11:58 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

[...]

d) The manual says this should be a M8 screw. This was clearly wrong,
the screw is 5/16-18.

You know that 5/16 is *very* close to 8mm?

[...]

The critical point is that this set screw would not go into * the hole
it came out of in the first place*. It was not particularly difficult
to unscrew either.

It was a perfect fit into a 5/16-18 screw gauge.

I can find no evidence that M8 with 1.5 mm pitch exists - all the
references I have seen mention only 1mm and 1.25 mm pitch in this
size. What are the odds that a set screw of this nature would be of so
uncommon configuration?

Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC