Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default drying something in a plactic bag.

micky wrote:
About a year ago three was a thread here about how to dry out a
camera, or maybe it was a cellphone, that had been underwater.

Rather than take it apart, someone had sealed it in a

plastic bag

with some other material or substance and let it sit for several days.

I can't remember what the other material was, and googling the
keywords I could thinik of didn't find it.

Any suggestion of the keywords used, or of what to use to dry the
camera.

If I'd known I would need this, I woudl have saved it!! Thanks.

Remove battery. Best to cycle and or blow dry. Cycling temperature will
make it breath. You want air flow, not stagnant. I usually use a
combination of air and sit the device under a 100 watt lamp to get around
120 degrees.

Salt is another desiccant, but don't get it near device.

Greg