Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default drying something in a plactic bag.

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 12:31:02 -0500, micky wrote:

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:03:08 +0000 (UTC), Jules Richardson
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:12:08 -0500, micky wrote:

About a year ago three was a thread here about how to dry out a
camera, or maybe it was a cellphone, that had been underwater.

Rather than take it apart, someone had sealed it in a plastic bag with
some other material or substance and let it sit for several days.

Rice, at a push. Charcoal should work too, I expect.

Funny you mention this - about ten minutes ago I was shoveling snow off
the path out front and unearthed (unsnowed?) my daughter's camera...

Try rice. Or maybe charcoal.

Hmm, that's good thinking - I might just do that.

:-)