Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default UPS prohibited items

On Feb 20, 9:29*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"technomaNge" wrote in message

On 02/19/2012 10:11 PM, Steve B wrote:
I want to send a friend a DeWalt 18v. drill. *USPS says no batteries, how
about UPS? *Anyone know? *Their site is full of stuff banned. *This is
the
regular drycell nimh battery, attached to the drill.

Steve

Dunno about nimh but I ship SLA (sealed lead acid), AKA
"gell cell" via UPS almost daily.

technomaNge

I'm going to tape up the terminals and ship it and claim ignorance if it is
found. *Hell, they can't find shipments of marijane or coke even with all
their tekkie stuff. *A battery that's wrapped in tape shouldn't be a big
deal. *And it's going to the next town over, not on an airliner.

Steve

No problem...unless it explodes/burns and then you will be considered
a terrorist and jailed.

Be sure to send us your address so we can send you a cordless file
(batteries optional) to escape.

TMT