Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default drying something in a plactic bag.

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 12:31:02 -0500, micky
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:03:08 +0000 (UTC), Jules Richardson
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:12:08 -0500, micky wrote:

About a year ago three was a thread here about how to dry out a camera,
or maybe it was a cellphone, that had been underwater.

Rather than take it apart, someone had sealed it in a plastic bag
with some other material or substance and let it sit for several days.

Rice, at a push. Charcoal should work too, I expect.

Rice is what I was looking for. I don't think anything else normally
found in the home absorbs as much water. Not even spaghetti.

I'll try to let you all know, but cameras have many more parts and
moving parts than cellphones, and I think it will take weeks if it
works, not just a day.

Funny you mention this - about ten minutes ago I was shoveling snow off
the path out front and unearthed (unsnowed?) my daughter's camera...

Try rice. Or maybe charcoal.

cheers

Jules