Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default drying something in a plactic bag.

On Feb 22, 10:12*am, micky wrote:
About a year ago three was a thread here about how to dry out a
camera, or maybe it was a cellphone, that had been underwater.

Rather than take it apart, someone had sealed it in a

* plastic bag

with some other material or substance and let it sit for several days.

I can't remember what the other material was, and googling the
keywords I could thinik of didn't find it.

Any suggestion of the keywords used, or of what to use to dry the
camera.

If I'd known I would need this, I woudl have saved it!! *Thanks.

Dried out a cell phone with rice in the bag. Think it took a day.